Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 2 (Thurs. July 30)

This guy is a little trickster. So I woke up this morning @ 5am and my undies and bed were soaking wet. I thought 'great, now I'm peeing the bed, fantastic'. But none of it smelled like urine. Naturally I thoguht my water had broken and I needed to go see my midwife. Although I wasn't having any contractions, I wasn't going to risk an at home delivery, or a delivery in the car, so I called Dave and told him my water broke and he should probably come home; he was just starting work. Next I called my mom and told her that my water had broke but that I had no contractions yet. She said she would be on her way.

Well Dave made it home in a record 35min. and finished helping me get everything ready. My mom came soon after and then we called Brandon to come pick up the girls'. We left the girls with my mom to wait for Brandon whiile Dave and I headed to the hospital.

I wanted my midwife to check me and see what was going on but she had just gotten off a 24 hr. on-call shift and so had the day off today. Instead they just sent me straight away to the hospital to get checked in. Well, after I got to the 14th floor and talked with my nurse, got all my info. the on-call midwife came and checked to see if indeed my water had broken. It had not. (?!)

The midwife explained that this late in the pregnancy it wasn't uncommon for a gush of fluid to exit the v-j-j that was neither amniotic fluid, nor urine. There isn't much difference between the gush of fluid I had and that of amniotic fluid so, no matter what I would have had to come in, but still, I wasted the entire day of 3 other people. :{

The upside was that Brandon wanted to watch the girls for the night and Dave wasn't going back to work, so we got to have the whole day together, children-free. There still isn't much for me to do in this hot weather, except to be near air conditioning or alot of fans, so we spent most of the day shopping and going out to eat. It was nice and oddly quiet. I even tried to stay up late to fully enjoy my kid-free evening but I still fell asleep @ 7:30 pm. Dave fell asleep @ 8pm or so. Yup, that's us, living 'lavida loca'! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment