Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day 3 (July 31st)

With all the excitement going on Thurs. and all the walking around I did, I managed to sleep for 12hrs. last night. This morning I woke up and @ 7:30am and about a half hour later Brandon called me. So I headed off to pick up the girls in Seattle. I had heard that they were doing free tours of the coast guard and naval boats. So when I got to Brandon and Carrie's house I kidnapped them for afternoon and we all went to see the "big boats".
It was pretty cool and Malina, Finn and Ella seemed to really like it. Part of the tour brought us through the 'galley' and with 2 pregnant ladies and 3 toddlers, there was an almost unanimous decision to get some lunch. (poor Brandon was out numbered).
We went to the Seattle waterfront and got some food (& candy)and then let the kiddos run around on the boardwalk. The girls and Finn seen the indoor carousal so we of course HAD to let them take a spin. :D After that though, Carrie was more than ready for a nap and I was feeling pretty hot and tired myself (but what is new?). The girls fell asleep instantly on the way home--mission accomplished.
It was really nice to spend time my brother and his family. I rarely get to see them, so it was a nice treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment