Thursday, July 23, 2009

Baby Update

I am now offically 38 weeks pregnant and I see my midwife once a week. Last week she checked me and I was 2 cm dilated. I went back to see her this last Mon. and I was 4 cm. dilated. I've had on and off contractions these last 2 weeks but no actual labor has started. With Malina and Ella I did the same thing, dilated to 4cm but no sign of labor any time soon. But with Malina, once I hit 4cm she came (on her own)about a week later. Although, once I hit 4cm. with Ella my midwife broke my water and we induced me with pitocin. (I may have jumped the gun with Ella but, I REALLY wanted to see my baby!!)So right now I'm just waiting to see when I'll go into labor; maybe in a day, maybe in 2 weeks. Mostly I just hope that when I do go into labor he doesn't come too fast! Dave has an 1 1/2 hr. drive from work, and its a 20min. drive to the hospital. SO, if he could just wait like 2 1/2- 3 hrs. to come out that would be fantastic!! My next appt. is on this next Tues. and I will have my midwife check me again......until then, I'm just waiting......waiting......waiting..... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment