Friday, May 15, 2009

(un)HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY!

Mother's Day this year, was a little different. Oh, my gorgeous little girls made me a beautiful poster, and little baby Howard kicked and punched away joyfully (his own unique way of saying 'love you mom') but I also had my car window smashed and my GPS taken out of my car. Happy Mother's Day.

Honestly the only thing that I wanted for Mother's Day was to spend it with my family, all of us doing something together. So, after picking up most of the big pieces off the seats/carseats, we all drove to the car wash to vacum all the window glass out of the car; one big happy family, cleaning up someone else's crime! Not exactly what I had in mind. Dave was more upset about it than I was. Mostly, I think it's because he's the one who got me the GPS. I was just glad no one was hurt. It's kinda sad when you feel safer in the ghetto.But really, my window was fixed the next day and now you can't even tell there was anything wrong with it.

And to celebrate Mother's Day in my own way, here are 5 things I LOVE about being a mom.

1. Every since they were born, I always got butterflies in my stomache when I see them sleep.
2. Anytime they WANT to hold my hand.
3. Knowing exactly where they are the most ticklish. (Malina: side of her ribs, Ella: inside of her leg)
4. Teaching them new songs--even though I can't sing, they don't care!
5. When I come home and they rush the door-- "Mom! Mom!" and tell me all about what they are doing.

***Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love. ~Mildred B. Vermont***


5.

No comments:

Post a Comment